Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Green Tree of Life

Hello, I am Katell, living near Toulouse in France.
I have always loved scrappy quilts and my new pleasure is to use selvedges. Of course I was totally influenced by Karen Griska and her book Quilts from the Selvage Edge.
In Winter I made a small star with an ice-blue sky :

Last week I celebrated Spring with My Green Tree of Life. It is an oversized classical bloc with the same easy half squares sewn with selvages. I call it green because of its main color, but also because all fabrics are reclycled !

Have a nice Spring time!

Katell, Quilteuse Forever

10 comments:

Lori R. said...

Both are WONDERFUL. And finished!

FabricandFlowers said...

Lovely quilts!

judith lockhart said...

Both of your quilts are so nice and the setting you photographed them in is beautiful, too!

Paulette said...

Oh, these are fantastic!!

Nifty Quilts said...

Both are beautiful! Thank you for sharing, all the way from France.

Jeane said...

I love3 Katell's quilts, especially her tree and the blue background is just perfect for her star quilt.

Julianne said...

That tree quilt is so COOL!!

Brenda said...

this is beautiful. thanks for sharing it with us.

Nicky said...

Much as I love the beautiful star the tree has stolen my heart! Gorgeous LuAnn

pink daisy said...

Inspired! Such beautiful photos too.